Deciding what to wear for your wedding day can be exciting. A once in a lifetime event deserves a one-of-a-kind dress and with so many options in today’s bridal fashion, the bridal boutique you choose should be your gateway into the world of wedding dresses. Sourcing the right bridal team is the key to making sure your gown arrives on time, the alterations are perfect, and you walk away with a dress that suits your unique style and wedding day!
Choosing a bridal shop in New Jersey that offers consultants who provide a personalized experience and who become an essential part of your planning team will ensure you find the perfect dress. By knowing the right questions to ask and doing a little homework you will be on your way to finding the best fit for you, not just in the dress but in the bridal shop itself.
Do your research beforehand
Here are a few things you can do before stepping foot inside any bridal store to help you locate the perfect fit.
- Read bridal blogs – many local shops maintain blogs on their websites. These blogs can serve as a window into their personality and offerings.
- Browse NJ wedding websites – see if there are particular boutiques frequently mentioned that match the experience you’re looking for.
- Search Google reviews – word of mouth spreads quickly, especially in an industry that is focused on something as magical and special as a wedding. Reviews will give you insights into some of the best locally recommended shops.
- Ask friends and family – their input can be an invaluable resource, especially if they’ve recently planned a wedding.
Find the best location for you
Your bridal boutique may begin to feel like your second home leading up to your wedding day. Alterations, customizations, and fittings will become the new normal. This exciting journey will be made easy if you find a location that will facilitate fast access to your bridal shop.
Find out about the bridal shop’s process
Using a local New Jersey bridal boutique is a great choice, but unlike shopping for a regular dress online or in a chain store, every bridal shop has its own procedure to ensure that you are given a unique experience with personal service. You will want to find more out about the shop’s process and determine if it works for you by asking a few questions:
- Is it easy to make an appointment?
- Is there a waiting list for new customers?
- Will I have the same consultant throughout the entire process?
- How are alterations handled?
- What is the lead time needed for any customizations?
Having these important questions answered will help you narrow down your bridal boutique options.
Visit the bridal shop
Once you’ve narrowed down your list of potential boutiques, take the time to visit them before making your final choice. Don’t be afraid to visit multiple shops. It is perfectly okay to make an appointment and walk away empty-handed. Shopping for your bridal gown is an important part of wedding planning. Your consultant should become a member of your team. They should be willing to get to know you, help guide you, and make you feel at ease with the process. Sometimes it all just comes down to the feeling a certain bridal store and their staff give you.
The first step towards finding that gorgeous wedding dress begins with choosing an NJ bridal boutique that is right for you. With a little research and asking the right questions, you will be on your way.
Bridal Atelier is a couture bridal boutique in Montclair, NJ. Weaving elegance and quality with a luxe sensibility, Bridal Atelier’s thoughtfully curated dresses define moments and create memories.
We work with leading bridal designers, known for their refined aesthetic, forging close relationships that allow for customization and embellishment. Private appointments provide brides with an intimate experience, and our in-house team of design and tailoring specialists ensures that fitting and fine-tuning are always perfect.
We join brides on their journey, listening and learning to craft dresses that speak for each love story and narrate each wedding. Call us at 973-337-6361 or stop by the shop in Montclair.